Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
* Stinging, burning or gritty sensation in your eyes
* Eye redness
* Sensitivity to light
* Foreign body sensation in the eye
* Glare with nighttime driving
* Blurred vision or eye fatigue
* Watery eyes
* Difficulty wearing contact lenses- both vision and comfort considered
* Uncomfortable eyes when using the computer or cellphone
* Frequent use of rewetting drops without relief
If you have any or all of the above signs and symptoms you most likely have dry eye syndrome.
It is essential to have the proper diagnostic tests performed to determine the proper treatment for each individual. Today there are many treatment options for dry eye sufferers. Dr Williams has recently began offering the first FDA approved treatment for Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. MGD is the leading cause of dry eye caused by a malfunction of the oil glands in the eyelids.